Mr Sian is a Consultant Eye Surgeon at Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust specialising in Corneal and Cataract surgery.
Following completion of both Ophthalmology and Optometry training, I undertook advanced specialisation in the management of complex corneal and external eye disease, corneal transplantation, cataract and refractive surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital London and The Royal Devon & Exeter.
At Moorfields Eye Hospital, I was trained by leading authorities acquiring the latest surgical techniques in corneal transplantation, vision correction and anterior segment surgery.
Whilst at Moorfields I was involved in the recruitment and treatment of patients with severe corneal infections as part of a multicenter study that will form the basis of future european wide treatment guidelines. I also took the lead for an ongoing study looking at methods to optimise cataract surgery in complex cases. I have presented and lectured at various international conferences and continue to be involved in the training of junior surgeons, medical students, optometrists and nurse practitioners.
View my NHS profile here:
Mr Sian has extensively trained in anterior segment surgery and specialises in corneal, cataract and refractive surgery
Mr Sian will tailor treatments to the individual with a detailed assessment pre-operatively utilising the modern equipment and instruments at his disposal.
Mr Sian will personally perform the treatment you require.
Our team is registered with the major health insurance companies including BUPA, AXA PPP, Aviva and Vitality health.
- Moorfields Eye Hospital, London (Fellowship in Corneal, External Eye disease & Refractive surgery)
- Royal Devon & Exeter (Fellowship in Corneal & External Eye disease)
- CCST – Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (Ophthalmology)
- South West Peninsula Specialist Registrar - Ophthalmology
- University of Leicester, School of Medicine.
- Bachelors of Optometry, Anglia Ruskin University
- Post graduate certificate of clinical education
FRCOphth, MCOptom, FHEA, PGCert (Clin Ed), MB ChB, BOptom (HONS)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of the College of Optometrists
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Honorary research fellow – Moorfields Eye Hospital
- Bowman Corneal Club Member
- Subspecialty committee member, Cornea and Anterior Segment - International Council of Ophthalmology
Having moved from London Indy Sian now lives in Taunton with his wife and two sons. He is a keen cricket and rugby fan.